Thursday, May 10, 2012

Long Distance Love Affair

Every time Gamma Rita comes to visit, I always threaten to cover her in babies and so far I've always made good on that threat. It's easy to do since my boys are happy to oblige. I took these pics during my mom's visit last Christmas, complete with a full coating of cuddly toddlers:




That's a pile of babies, alright!
• • • • • • •

Last week while in the throes of putting together a little box to post to my mom (AKA Gamma Rita) for Mother's Day, I came across a craft idea to send a "long-distance hug" to someone far away. It was not only exceptionally timely, but also cute and it looked like manageable fun to execute with a pair of 2 year old toddlers.

As a craft, it involved a little more Mommy participation than some of our previous efforts since there was much trimming and gluing and the measuring of ribbons, etc. – but it was completely worth a little extra effort to send a long distance hug from the boys to their Gamma. Look at those pictures from last January and tell me you wouldn't do the same.

Unfortunately things didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped.

Oh sure, the craft itself turned out great: 




However, when all was said and done – and while my boys were being quite animated about a visit to the "POST OFFICE!" to send their handiwork off to Gamma Rita – they let me know that what we were actually shipping were not long distance hugs at all.

Now I'm quite certain I did the craft properly and followed the instructions to a tee, but in the end what we ended up sending turned out to be long-distance high-fives instead.

Four of them in fact.

Sorry about that, Gamma Rita. Hope you are up for some high-fives in lieu of hugs. The (real) hugs are waiting for you on your next visit where I will once again toss a pile of babies on you.

As always.

Happy (early) Mother's Day!

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment