Monday, May 7, 2012

Sick Day

The gloomy skies notwithstanding, I decided to keep everyone in today since it was fairly clear around 11 o'clock last night that Seth was coming down with a cold. Further reminders occurred a little after midnight and also at 2 AM, but I digress. Suffice it to say, it was a rather long night and I was feeling a little weary myself by morning.

Still, I didn't want the day to be a total wash, so I decided on a whim during breakfast that today would be a good day to tackle something crafty. Of course, I had no idea what that might entail, but found some inspiration in a cheap packet of scrapbook paper I picked up last week and some leftover OP themed tissue paper leftover from the boys' birthday.

It was our first craft involving glue, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it went well overall. The constant chorus of "don't eat it!" on a loop in the background got a little grating after the first 5 minutes, but at least my words were heeded by my little parrots and the end result brightened things up nicely:


Kind of pretty, no?

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment