Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Like Throwing Sand In My Eyes

I mentioned a few posts back that my boys have been taking extra pains this past week to keep me entertained and/or distracted.

And as much as the entertainment itself has been a distraction of sorts, that isn't exactly what I meant. What I really meant to imply, of course, was shenanigans.

I walked in on the last frame of this scenario a couple of mornings ago:




At which point I realized I will never live to see my seventies (much less ninety-nine) at the rate my boys are currently taking years off my life. This particular shenanigan must have cost me at least 6 months. 

And no, I did not stop to take pictures. How could I when Stern Mommy™ was right there, plucking toddlers off their precarious perches and shooing everyone out of the room?

I took the pictures much later that day after Stern Mommy™ had long since been replaced by Weary Mommy™ who gave up on removing Nate from the back of the couch after about the 8th time. Really, by that point it was fairly clear he had things well under control. Still, it made me miss the days when the simple act of standing was thrill enough.

*sigh*

- L.

1 comment:

  1. You ain't seen nothing yet, mom. Better get that ambulance phone number memorized. And Nate my little shnooky, Gamma Rita didn't put the curtains that way for you to hide behind! Get off that window or I'll have to get the "spank-a-bum" stick out.

    ReplyDelete