Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Mommy Is Little Bit Sad Right Now"

My boys are pretty quick with words lately – and while that's certainly been a lesson in watching what I say, more often than not it's been wonderful watching how fast they pick things up.

In the past couple of days they learned "Mommy is little bit sad right now", which is not entirely a bad thing I suppose. I think it's OK and even healthy that kids don't always see us at our best, but this is the first time they've seen Mommy being a "little bit sad" and I worried a little nonetheless. Despite knowing that it's a perfectly normal thing, I still wanted to keep that from them as much as possible. I'm not ready for them to know sad beyond their own hurts over a car their brother won't share.

Still, they knew.

And even though I'd like to think that "Mommy a little bit sad right now" is the reason they've pulled out a few extra stops over the past couple of days to keep me entertained and/or distracted, I suspect they're actually just having a bit of a free-for-all in their usual fashion.

Tonight's efforts originated earlier today when I did not have a camera handy. Fortunately, my guys re-enacted pretty much the entire thing when I did have my camera in hand tonight at bedtime...


– Oh hi everyone! Is us.
– We looks a little serious, but we do our best to cheer Mommy up in 3, 2, 1... 


– New HATS!!!
– Or as we would really say, "'ATS!!!" 

Nate
– "There are cats in 'dis hat!" 

Seth
– "Is dark outside. Turn off the lights!"

I'm going to have to stop making up stuff the boys say since the last two pics are the things they actually did say at the time and they're much better at the funny than their Mommy as it turns out.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment