Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Greasy!"

There are times when I really wish I had a camera pointed at myself to capture my own dumbfoundedness/shock/horror at the spectacles I sometimes walk in on. This morning was especially one of those times and probably would have involved a series of shots to convey it entirely. I bet the look I had on my face when I realized just what it was I was seeing would have been the best part though.

What I was seeing was this: 


Except that it was in someone's hand, of course – lid off and missing about half the contents it had held the night before.

And you know, it's really pretty amazing how far a little Vaseline will go.  


It's even more impressive how far a LOT of Vaseline will take you, and despite what the bucket says, it is most definitely not OK. Seth's old friend has been put aside for now, along with miscellaneous toys and puzzle pieces to be dealt with... later. 

I had more pressing matters to deal with this morning after all since a great deal of the missing Vaseline had taken up residence in my boys' hair. 


"Greasy!" is the refrain du jour today, in case you were wondering. 





And it's hilarious. Apparently. 

Not so hilarious? What everyone's hair still looked like after a very thorough washing this morning. 




No, it's not still wet... 





... but it sure is "greasy", everyone! 

I have no idea how I'm going to get their hair clean at this point since Johnson's baby shampoo barely put a dent in it.

*sigh*

- L.

PS. I haven't gotten around to posting about the Great Tse-Tse Capers as of yet, but when I do you can add this morning's efforts to the pile. It was, without a doubt, their most impressive "tse-tse" to date – or as Nate would say, "that's a tse-tse, alright!".*

*For quick reference, Nate's infamous line can be found at the 1:37 mark or thereabouts.

1 comment:

  1. Semi-tame it into twin mohawks and celebrate the crazy. :) Toddlers are hilarious creatures

    ReplyDelete