Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eve

Hi there. It's been awhile since our last post which had something to do with breakfast cereal but the half dozen posts before that re: converting the cribs tell most of the story.

For what it's worth, I don't regret converting the cribs. It was time for us to do so since things were getting to a point where they were safer without than within. Still, within had its benefits – and without has come at a price.

After a week of switching beds, my boys decided they most preferred sleeping together again – and despite my fears about a foot in the eye at 3AM, if it's happened, I certainly haven't heard about it.

On rare occasions, getting everyone settled in for the night is a piece of cake – and just as often it's a complete circus. Mercifully, most nights fall somewhere in-between.

Good nights = asleep before 10:30. Really good nights = asleep before 10. Poorly nights = awake after 11. And the truly awful nights? Well, they're still awake after that and it's never any good.

This, for example, is more or less what a good night looks like: 

Except for the part where Seth doesn't usually use Nate's bum as a pillow.

And THIS is what a truly awful night looks like. I posted our latest video a week ago and never got around to blogging about it (or anything else) because I think I'm still recovering from that night. I'll admit I had some reservations about filming the shenanigans instead of sending Stern Mommy™ in straight away.

In the end, I decided it was 2 minutes and 30 seconds that would speak far louder than Stern Mommy™ ever could about shenanigans, so I put her on hold and just let them have at it. There is some very off-limits behavior going on and I really had to stifle Stern Mommy™ over the toy throwing in particular (this is a huge no over here in case you think I'm raising complete hooligans).

And then there are nights like tonight: 


Everyone was asleep by 10, which was mostly really good – a bit hard-won since I put them to bed at 8:30 and there were some serious shenanigans in those 90 minutes – but the best part? The best part was my boys asking for their bunnies to fall asleep with and calling them "Peter Rabbit".

Historically speaking, special occasions around here have fallen a little flat – and while tomorrow isn't their birthday or Christmas – I think they have finally cottoned on.

Tomorrow morning I'm hoping to blow their minds just a little. Fun Mommy™ pulled out a few stops (despite the reservations of Weary Mommy™ and the finger-wagging of Stern Mommy™).

As I type, there are bunny footprints all over this house.

The trap is set, everyone.

And despite being more pooped than I can remember since the boys were newborns, I can barely wait for morning.

- L.

1 comment: