Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Tricks (And A Mommy Confession)

As you probably already know, Nate and Seth are masters of shenanigans. And you probably also know that they like to climb stuff to meet such ends.

Further, you probably also know that they were fairly obsessed with "light switch" once upon a time.

After the nursery chair disappeared, the light switch was all but forgotten by appearances, but appearances can (and often are) deceiving, especially when it comes to my boys.

Let's just call all of that last part "obvious", because I knew it was never forgotten. They were just waiting for an opportunity coupled with a little ingenuity.

In the past week, I've caught one of my little engineers attempting to build either an unstable contraption out of random nursery toys and/or trying to climb up on a generally unstable device (the Fisher Price Farm™ to be specific) complete with ankle breaking opportunities as a means to an end.

And I got the message – they were bent on reaching that light switch no matter what.

So in the interest of ankles not being broken and heads un-concussed, I broke the Mommy Code.

In the interest of safety, I actually taught them a shenanigan.

Which they fully embraced by the way. 






I took the photos tonight, but it was February 29th when I instructed my boys on the finer points on safe structures to stand on. 

And much like a leap-year date, I hope I won't have to offer up shenanigan lessons for at least another 4 years.

- L

PS. "New tricks" is a favorite saying around here. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment