Friday, March 2, 2012

Dirty Crackers & Dog Meat

Nothing – and I mean nothing – could convince my boys today that the nicely browned parts of their baked cheesy crackers wasn't dirt.


Of course they ate them anyway because they love a cheese cracker like nothing else. It was mostly just a litany of "Dirt! Dirt! Dirty Cracker!" after dinner which made me laugh.

Sort of.

Of course, I'd already heard about the "dog meat"* they ate at dinner (over and over and over again).

So even though I laughed, it might have been tinged with a hint of nervousness over the thought that my boys might tell someone I feed them dirty crackers and dog meat.

They also like to randomly declare food items as "mice".

I really hope we never find ourselves in the presence of someone from CPS when my boys decide to start talking about what I feed them.

- L.

*We had chicken for dinner. My boys are crazy about dark meat.

1 comment:

  1. Dog meat and dark meat sound an awful lot alike - what do you think? Something like "exmoosy" and excuse me. Keep it up boys. Lots of love, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete