Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pretend You Are Two

Because there isn't anything quite like the imaginative properties of a toddler.

Despite my role as a parent to teach my children about the world around them, I find myself getting schooled more often than not.

On the surface, this looks like my boys have managed to climb into an ordinary laundry basket:


Except it's actually a boat!


Of course, that was kind of an easy one.

Want to guess what we're doing here? 


We're making hats ("AAATS!") out of ordinary cloth wipes*, of course.

Is because we still doesn't have enough hats, everyone.

And having a blast doing it:

AAATS!
Of course, nothing trumped the after-dinner special where ordinary raisins became airplanes:


Truth be told, I am loving this new phase of make-believe as much as my sons are.

- L.

*The ordinary cloth wipes are less ordinary than they would appear, since they are well known around these parts as "tse-tse cloths" and are liberally referred to as such in the video I just posted on our YouTube™ channel featuring our cloth AAATS! and raisins that are up high in the sky.

PS. The Great Tse-Tse Capers posts are coming. The caper involving the cloths was but one of them and early on at that. Still, the cloths have been known henceforce (and likely forevermore) as "tse-tse cloths". I thought I'd mention that in case you are wondering what all the "tse-tse" business in the video is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment