Friday, February 3, 2012

The "Big" Gift

Just so you don't think all Nate and Seth got for their birthday were a couple of haircuts (spectacular though they may be!), we decided to give them their "big gift" after their nap.

I took a "before" picture for posterity, even though my expectations for wild abandon were set fairly low. The boxes are full of all the requisite accoutrements a couple of bachelors would need for their first kitchen (and then some):


Then it was time to release the hounds. Much to my surprise, Seth went straight for the presents. 


And for the first time ever, there was some legit paper-tearing at the OP – books and magazines aside, of course. I mean they were tearing paper that I actually wanted them to be tearing. Joy! 

Nate found the bow especially exciting.

Beholds my mighty bow, everyone!
There was even a hint of wild abandon:


Setting up house. Deciding where the ice cream and apples go for the first time is serious business!


Chef Nate hard at work:


Seth taking a call on the kitchen phone – probably from one of those cuties he's always busy smiling at:  


And just in case it wasn't clear, the "big gift" was a hit! I think the face on this happy boy sums it up perfectly: 


The party is all set for tomorrow at noon and I'm still hoping to have my babies down for their nap around 2.

Overly ambitious? Most definitely.

But wish us all luck anyway.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nate and Seth,

    Grandapa David and I are so very happy to see you enjoying your new kitchen.

    We can't wait to taste some of the goodies you will be serving up.

    Have fun!!

    Hugs and kisses,

    Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete