Friday, October 21, 2011

A Portrait of the Artists As Young Men


– Oh hi everyone! It's us. We is doing art. 


– Oh yes, hi everyone. I doing art holding onto marker backwards. 'Dis advanced technique and not for beginners...


– ... although I occasionally employ traditional methods too. 


– And in case you is wondering, blue marker IS quite tasty. 


– Blue marker is not bad, but I prefer orange marker flavors even if overall look is less impressive. 


– 'Dis what 10 minutes of art look like in the aftermaths everyone. I bet Mommy have fun cleaning 'dis up*. 

• • • • • • •

Mommy note: We've tried "doing art" a few times over the past couple of months. Nate liked it from the get-go, although I'm pretty sure the messy aspect held greater appeal than the prospect of making marks on paper. Seth mostly just sampled the pens the first couple of times and I thought maybe art just wasn't his thing, but during our last "doing art" time he finally got down to the business of putting his first marks on paper. I've had their latest endeavors hanging on the fridge all week.

Without further ado, I proudly present... the ART!

Nate's very first work of art: 



Nate's second foray into the arts (I refer to it as his blue period): 


Nate's latest work: 


And at long last, Seth's first work of art: 


When Seth decided to go for it he really went for it – when he wasn't busy sampling the orange marker that is.

• • • • • • •

*Those hands! Those HANDS!!! I was worried Nate would be walking around like that for a week, but it actually washed off quite easily. Not so easy? Washing a toddlers hands at the sink when there are so many touchable surfaces nearby. 

10 minutes of art + 30 minutes of clean up x2 messy boys = art being mainly a rainy day activity for now. And I'm talking heavy rain everyone, not intermittent showers.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment